Come relax in our dry sauna, whirlpool, or steam room. Or stop by and set-up an appointment to experience the benefits of a relaxing and soothing massage from our trained and certified massage therapists.
- Massage: There are many healthy benefits to receiving massage therapy
- Alleviate low-back pain and improve range of motion.
- Great for expectant mothers.
- Strengthens the immune system
- Exercise and stretch weak, tight, or atrophied muscles
- Improves posture
- Increase joint flexibility and range of motion
- Lessen depression and anxiety
- Reduce spasms and cramping
- Relax muscles
- Release endorphins-amino acids that work as the body’s natural painkiller
- Relieve migraine pain
For more information about setting up an appointment with a massage therapist please call (605) 323-6900.
- Sauna: Looking for a way to melt some stress way? Family Wellness offers a dry sauna for you to come and relax in. The heat from the sauna also relaxes the muscles, relieving muscular aches and pains. It is a refreshing and revitalizing experience that heals both body and mind. You may stay in the sauna as long as you feel comfortable or you may choose to repeat a hot/cold cycle as often as you wish. Avoid using the sauna if you have a fever, and inflammatory disease, or are pregnant. You may want to consult your physician if you have heart disease, high blood pressure, or asthma. Members must be 12 years old to use the sauna. Some health benefits from using a sauna
- Relief from the pain and stiffness of arthritis
- Sweating enhances the detoxifying capacity of the skin by opening pores and flushing impurities from the body.
- During a 10-20 minute session in a sauna your heart rate can increase by 50-70%
- Steam Room: As soon as you step inside our steam room, relaxation becomes the theme. Within minutes, warmth penetrates your body from head to toe, easing tired muscles and helping the cares of the day drift away. The warmth opens the pores of your skin, creating a flow of perspiration, which lifts out the impurities of everyday living. A spray or two of eucalyptus and enjoy the luxury of aromatherapy while steam bathing. You’ll feel rested, rejuvenated, and ready to get more out of life. Use our steam room daily for that get up and go! Steam is an excellent treatment for respiratory problems, such as chest congestions, bronchitis, laryngitis & sinusitis. Members must be 12 years old to use the steam room. Some health benefits from using a steam room:
- Relief from arthritis
- Sweating enhances the detoxifying capacity of the skin by opening pores and flushing impurities from the body
- Whirlpool: The soothing solution to everyday aches and pains! Come in and relax in our 16-person whirlpool. The flow of the bubbles gently massage tender, aching and bruised area, relaxing and relieving all of those sore spots. Revives tired and strained muscles after physical exertion. Here are a few of the benefits that a whirlpool provides:
- Reduces Stress – It is one of the main methods of alleviating tension and stress. A soak in whirlpool relaxes your muscles, reduces anxiety and stimulates endorphin production, which is a natural substance that promotes a sensation of relaxation
- Helps one sleep better – Your performance and activity is based on your ability to sleep at night. By soaking in a whirlpool at night, it will help alleviate tension and relax your body, making your body ready for a deep relaxing night of sleep.
- Minimizes pain in the muscles and joints – Those who play sports or workout usually feel pain in the muscles arteries and joints. Using a whirlpool before or after playing help the veins dilate and keep the blood flowing better. The muscles and joints will be relaxed and less painful.
- Whirlpool information: Recommended duration time in the whirlpool is 10-15 minutes