Check out the different options you have with our great group fitness classes!
- Group Land: These classes combine energizing music with well-designed formats to give you great workouts and great results. Some classes are: step, kickboxing, Zumba, muscle max, abs and back and many more.
- Group Cycling: these classes are an anaerobic and aerobic workout on stationary bikes that stimulate an outdoor bike. An instructor will motivate you through a great workout using a variety of music. You must sign up in advance at the front desk to secure a bike for you participation. If you are new, please be 15 minutes early to class
- Group Water: Reduce stress on joints by getting in the water. Choose between shallow, combo and walking classes to keep your workouts fun and invigorating. Water classes are great for rehabilitation and for cross training.
- Group Mind/Body: these classes focus on improving your flexibility, strength and balance while enhancing your posture, coordination and focus. Yoga and Pilates classes are a great way to relieve stress and to build strong bodies.
- Designed with your safety in mind
- Provide movement options for all fitness levels
- Are “complete” from warm-up to cool-down
- Offer you a variety of workouts, perfect for cross-training
- Provide strength/toning options using bands, weights, resistance tubing and fit-ball as well as conventional calisthenics and abdominal training.
Our instructors are educated, fun and motivational. Better yet, they’ll help you get the most from your group fitness classes.
Group Cycling Studio
What are some benefits of group cycling?
Many of us get stuck in a work out rut and look for new ways to spice things up. Well, if that sounds like you and you’ve never tried it, consider group cycling. Group cycling is a great way to get a high-intensity cardio workout during the winter or when you can’t exercise outdoors.
Group cycling, also called “studio cycling” is a group fitness class that uses stationary bikes. The instructor talks the class through a workout, encouraging everyone to pedal harder and ramp up the intensity at different points to stimulate riding up a steep hill, for example. At some points in the class you may be standing up on the pedals with the tension cranked up high, while at others the tension will be low and you’ll pedal as fast as you can for a sprint. The benefits of group cycling are easy to notice; in addition to burning a lot of calories you’ll be strengthening your calves and thighs. Most classes last at least 45 minutes and require you to have some stamina, which makes group cycling ideal for advanced exercises.
- Cycling Classes
- Intro to Road Trip: Are you new to Road trip? This will give you an introduction to learn how to set up for your bike so you are ready to ride
- Road Trip: Move those pedals! No coasting here. Instructor will take you through climbs, sprints, as well as other various runs. Water bottles and towel required. Join us for indoor cycling at its best!
- Pilates: Designed for building long, lean muscles. Use your powerhouse for accomplishing strong core movements.
- Yoga: Basic Fitness yoga and breathing practices. A relaxing but invigorating workout that burns calories. Sculpts your body and increases flexibility.
- The 100 CLUB is a process in which group fitness would like to help you begin and continue with good exercise habits. Participants get to keep track of 100 classes on a index card for every Water class, Cycling class, and classes in the Fitness Studio. Once you have reached 100 classes in any of these three areas, you get to take your card to the front desk and collect your exclusive 100 CLUB t-shirt, and a star with your name will be placed on the wall. Blank index cards can be found in the locker room hallway. Please file them alphabetically.
- For more information please contact our Group Fitness Supervisor, Anne Mathiesen, at (605) 323-6913 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org